- Government issued Photo ID
Employed Income Documents
- Most recent pay stub showing year to date earnings of at least 30 days.
- Most recent 2 years W-2s.
- Most recent 2 years Federal Tax Returns (only federal returns are required). If your income tax returns
for the previous 2 years contain a Schedule C, Schedule E or show unreimbursed employee expenses on
Schedule A, please see “self-employed” list below.
Self Employed Income Documents
- Most recent 2 years Federal Tax Returns (only federal returns are required).
- If the most recent year is on extension, please provide a copy of the extension filed along with the
previous 2 years returns.
- Most recent 2 years W-2s if applicable.
- Most recent 2 years business tax returns along with K-1s if applicable.
Retired / Unemployed Income Documents
- Letter from the organizations providing the income.
- Award letters.
- Signed federal income tax returns.
- IRS W-2 or 1099 forms.
- Two most recent bank statements showing direct deposit.
NOTE: If retirement income is paid in the form of a monthly distribution from a 401(k), IRA or Keogh, or
you have Social Security income with a defined expiration date, documentation that the income will continue
for at least three years will be required.
Other forms of income may be used and the documentation required will vary. Please let us know if you have
any other income type that you wish to be included in your qualifying and we will provide a list of
required documents at that time. It is not necessary to include all of your income types on the loan
- Most recent statement including ALL PAGES. Internet printouts must have your name, the account number,
dates, all transactions and balances.
- The source of all large deposits (the amount considered to be large will vary from applicant to
applicant, but it is generally 50% of the monthly gross income and multiple deposits may be treated
cumulatively) must be documented.
Retirement Accounts/Stocks/Bonds/Mutual Funds
- Most recent quarterly or monthly statement including ALL PAGES. If these funds are to be used for the
transaction, evidence that the funds were liquidated will be required.
- Other types of assets may be used for qualifying purposes and we will provide a list of required
documents at that time. It is not necessary to include all asset types on the loan application if they
are not being used for the transaction or required to satisfy a reserve requirement.
NOTE: The lender may require additional documentation. You will be advised as to what is needed at that
time. Please call us at 212-933-0157 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org
with any questions.